EG, Raum 001
Telefon: +49 (0) 89 / 2180 - 5604
Areas of interest
I’m interested in a range of topics in applied microeconomics, currently focusing on
- Development Economics
- Labor Economics
- Organizational Economics
In my work I incorporate elements of machine learning, both, unsupervised learning (e.g., probabilistic clustering) and supervised learning (e.g. decision trees).
Understanding the contractual configurations of urban labor markets in developing countries using machine learning (current version January 2019)
Work in progress
- Charitable giving in humanitarian disasters (joint with Rajshri Jayaraman and Marrit Teirlinck, draft coming soon!)
- Management practices and firm performance during the Great Recession: Evidence from Spanish survey data (joint with Florian Englmaier, Jose E. Galdon-Sanchez and Ricard Gil)
- Identifying and teaching high-growth entrepreneurship: Experimental evidence from entrepreneurship academies for university students in Uganda (joint with Vojtech Bartos, Kristina Czura and Brendan Shanks). This project is preregistereted in the AEA Registry #0004502 https://doi.org/10.1257/rct.4502-1.0.
Education and research experience
- Oct 2016 – present: PhD student in Economics, Munich Graduate School of Economics at LMU Munich
- Jul 2014 – Jul 2016: Research associate, Department of Economics & School of Global Policy and Strategy, University of California - San Diego, CA (USA)
- Aug 2013 – Jun 2014: Master in International and Development Economics, Yale University, New Haven, CT (USA)
- Aug 2012 – Dec 2012: Study abroad semester, HEC Montreal (Canada)
- Aug 2010 – Jun 2013: Bachelor in Economics, Tilburg University (Netherlands)
Find the most recent copy of my full CV here.